More and more people are using the legal system to deprive others of their life’s work. Our asset protection attorneys receive calls and email everyday from people like you who want to protect their assets from these types of potential attacks. The problem for many people is that by the time they think about asset protection, it’s too late for the most effective strategies.
The time to engage in asset protection planning is before you have financial difficulty. It’s also important when planning for asset protection that you do things right. Having a qualified asset protection attorney draft a proper operating agreement and ensuring that the formation requirements are properly followed will ensure that your LLC works when you need it. Business owners, professionals such as doctors, dentists, lawyers and accountants, and property owners in particular should be aware of the risk associated with conducting their business, practicing in their respective fields, and taking responsibility for others. Assets can be at risk due to a number of vulnerabilities, including:
- Professional malpractice liability
- Personal liability of corporate officers and directors
- Lawsuits by former business partners
- Personal injury suffered on your premises
- Personal injury resulting form a motor vehicle accident
- Liability as guarantor for the debts of another
- Liability arising from misconduct
We help clients protect their wealth using a variety of strategies including the use of special trusts, business entities and other legal arrangements. We employ a variety of strategies for clients in the proper position to engage in asset protection planning to protect assets including:
- Wyoming LLCs
- Domestic and offshore trusts
- Domestic and offshore and domestic business entity formation
- Exempt asset protections under state law
The exact strategies employed by our asset protection attorneys may vary depending on the client, the nature of the assets, and the tax regulations that apply to those assets. The ultimate goal is to protect your assets in a manner that is effective, legal and ethical.